This is the final 2 days of the 4-day program
Approved by VRA Canada for 24.5 Continuing Education Hours – Certificates available upon request
Registration Fee: $700 (discounts available)
In response to COVID-19, OBIA remains committed to provide training for individuals working with people with brain injuries. This certificate course will now be accessible through a live online virtual classroom and will be interactive with breakout rooms and small group discussions.
New in 2021! This course has been revised to incorporate the INESSS-ONF Clinical Practice Guidelines for the Rehabilitation of Adults with Moderate to Severe TBI into the curriculum. Participants will now learn how to implement these guidelines in their daily work with clients!
This four day Certificate Training Program will provide you with information, techniques, strategies and interventions that will equip you to better support people with ABI. Some topics include:
- Introduction to Neurorehabilitation: Where brain and function meet
- Foundations of Neurorehabilitation
- Facilitating cognitive function in everyday life
- Behavioural challenges and facilitating participation in life roles
- Relationship building: Supporting engagement in social roles and developing adaptive social networks
- Risk management: Seeking a balance between protection and risk