Neurorehabilitation: Assisting Recovery & Function in Everyday Life Following Brain Injury (Level 1)
Dates: Thursday-Friday, August 25-26, 2022 AND Monday-Tuesday, August 29-30, 2022 (4 days total)
During COVID-19, OBIA remains committed to provide training for individuals working with people with brain injuries. This certificate course will now be accessible through a live online virtual classroom and will be interactive.
This four day Certificate Training Program will provide you with information, techniques, strategies and interventions that will equip you to better support people with ABI. Some topics include:
- Introduction to Neurorehabilitation: Where brain and function meet
- Foundations of Neurorehabilitation
- Facilitating cognitive function in everyday life
- Behavioural challenges and facilitating participation in life roles
- Relationship building: Supporting engagement in social roles and developing adaptive social networks
- Risk management: Seeking a balance between protection and risk
Professors, Dr. Dawn Good, Dr. Sherrie Bieman-Copland and Dee Sperry will be teaching the program by live video conference.