Approved by VRA Canada for 11.75 Continuing Education Hours – Certificates available upon request
Registration Fee: $500 (discounts available)
This Certificate Training Program will focus on providing information about behaviours after ABI that relate to learning and community participation. Children and youth with brain injury experience a wide range of challenges that affect their ability to manage at school, home and the community. Emphasis is on describing the cognitive-communicative problems that affect classroom learning, behaviour and community participation. Group problem solving activities will develop methods for assessing and treating educational and social challenges for these individuals from a functional perspective.
Who should attend:
This course will be extremely valuable for those working in community rehabilitation programs, social workers, therapists, educators and those working in the criminal justice system.
This course will:
- Address behaviours in the home, school and community that may indicate issues with learning and behaving
- Describe the cognitive-communicative problems that affect classroom learning, behaviour and community participation
- Provide treatment strategies
- Describe family resilience and means for support
- Illustrate how to use social communication to aid learning and behaving
- Plan for context-specific functional placements and outcomes