About the Peer Support Program
- Our FREE Peer Support program offers understanding, emotional, social and informational support between people who share similar experiences after brain injury.
- Mentors and partners are matched based on similar experiences, needs and personal interests.
- The peer support generally takes place over the phone once a week.
- The program is coordinated through the local brain injury associations across Ontario, making it possible for people to be matched province-wide.
- The program is open to both survivors of brain injury and caregivers.
Need more information?
If you would like more information about the Peer Support Program, please contact your local Brain Injury Association or
Carla Thoms, OBIA Provincial Peer Support Coordinator at:
Phone: 1.800.263.5404 ext. 227
Teena Curtiss, OBIA Peer Support Program, North Bay
Intakes and Mentor Training are coordinated through the following local brain injury associations:
- Brain Injury Association of Durham Region
- Brain Injury Association of London and Region
- Brain Injury Association of Niagara
- OBIA Peer Support Program – North Bay
- Brain Injury Association of Ottawa Valley
- Brain Injury Association of Peel Halton
- Brain Injury Association Peterborough Region
- Brain Injury Association of Quinte District
- Brain Injury Association of Sarnia & Lambton
- Brain Injury Association of Sault Ste Marie and District
- Brain Injury Association of Sudbury and District
- Brain Injury Association of Thunder Bay and Area
- Seizure and Brain Injury Centre of Timmins
- Brain Injury Society of Toronto
- Brain Injury Association of Waterloo-Wellington
- Brain Injury Association of Windsor & Essex County
- Hamilton Brain Injury Association
Funding for this project was generously provided by the Province of Ontario. The views expressed in this publication are the views of the Ontario Brain Injury Association (OBIA) and do not necessarily reflect those of the Province.
OBIA is extremely grateful for the generous support of the programs’ development sponsors, Gluckstein Lawyers and Henderson Structured Settlements.