Do you have a personal story that you’d like to share with the world? If so, we’d love to hear from you! The OBIA Review magazine is always looking for stories to publish in our quarterly magazine. Do you have a story of survival? Do you have coping strategies to share? Are you a caregiver to someone with ABI? Have you dedicated your life to helping people living with the effects of brain injuries?
To help spread the awareness of how brain injury impacts our lives, OBIA is pleased to share personal stories from our readers in our “I Am the Face of Brain Injury” section. The goal is simple:
Share • Inspire • Support
How to submit articles:
- All articles should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org via electronic mail as a word document or as text that can be copied from within your email.
- We prefer an article length of 600-1000 words; however, longer or shorter pieces will be considered.
- When submitting, please include a photo or photos (high resolution, 300 DPI) to be included with your work. We will use appropriate, licensed stock photos if the resolution is not acceptable or photos are not provided.
- Include your full name as you wish it to appear in print, and include your phone number and email address in the event that we need to contact you.
- Include all article references, if applicable.
- There is no limit to the number of articles that can be submitted; however, OBIA reserves the right to limit publication to two articles from the same author per calendar year.
By submitting, you agree:
- That you are the author of the submitted work.
- That any images you submit are not copyright or trademark protected.
- That your submitted work may be edited for clarification, brevity or any reason deemed suitable by the editorial committee.
- That your submitted work may be published in the magazine, downloaded from our website and shared on social media.
- That submitting your work is not a guarantee of publication.
- That no financial compensation will be given for expenses or payment for any articles and/or photos.
- That if you are submitting any previously published materials, we have permission to reprint from whoever holds the rights.