There is hope, there is help!
Whether you have sustained a Mild Traumatic Brain Injury (Concussion), moderate to severe brain injury, you are not alone, we are here to help!
OBIA Helpline provides confidential, emotional support for anyone who needs a caring, compassionate and non-judgmental listening ear.
The Ontario Brain Injury Helpline:
- Provides listening and emotional support to discuss the difficulties and frustrations associated with brain injuries
- Empowers the caller to cope with specific aspects of their life
- Supports families, friends, co-workers as well as professionals who may be supporting survivors and seeking information
- Is responsive to the needs of persons from diverse backgrounds and experiences
- Makes the appropriate community referrals
- Provides support and advice with concerns relating to legal, financial assistance, housing, employment, transportation issues
Our callers discuss issues and feelings related to but not limited to:
- Problems with coping with a brain injury
- Loneliness and/or isolation
- Invisible disability
- Income supports such as OW, ODSP, CPP, WSIB, criminal compensation
- Information about brain injuries and concussions
- Caregiver Supports
These are just some of the issues. You are not alone when dealing with difficult or challenging issues relating to Brain Injury we are here to help!
Calls are answered Monday – Friday from 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. (closed statutory holidays).
After hours, please leave a message or contact us by email: email@example.com